On this page below you will find all the information you need for your visa application
If you do not understand how it works, you can always call us. Tel. 0031 70 215 4995
|Visa||Visa costs VAT free||Mediation fee excl. VAT||Invitation costs VAT free||Total costs excl. VAT||Total costs incl. VAT|
|You arrange the invitation yourself||€ 65.00||€ 39.50||€ 0.00||€ 104.50||€ 112.80|
|Invitation arranged by VisumService.nl||€ 65.00||€ 15.00||€ 25.00||€ 105.00||€ 108.15|
Procedure at the consulate: 6-7 working days, possibly longer.
For tourists and private visas, it is currently not possible to apply for your visa in an urgent procedure.
Please note that Dutch and Russian national holidays do not count as working days.
The documents that are required for your visa
- The order form, Click here to digitally fill in, print out and sign it.
- Everything you are about to write down will appear on the invoice
- Try to complete the order form online to prevent errors. We also accept handwritten order forms but check the address after you received your invoice to see if we haven’t made a mistake.
- Enter your address completely, such as your street name, house number, postcode and city. The complete address for invoicing and return address
- We need your e-mail address for when your visa application is accepted by the consulate, we will send you an invoice by e-mail the same day. You must transfer the invoice amount to us the same day with I-Deal or bank transfer so that we have the payment on our bank before we collect your passport with a visa at the consulate.
- Write down your telephone number or numbers where we can always reach you in the event that your documents are incomplete or when the diplomat wants to view additional documents.
- With the question “password“, this is the password you have to fabricate when you start to fill in your visa application form. Come up with a password, do not use a private password. For example: valdemar12, the system will always accept.
- The question “ID number“, is the number that you will receive when you start the application form.
- The question “voorletter + achternaam” refers to the traveler who will apply for the visa, as well as “the date of birth and the passport number”.
- The question “hoe u uw paspoort retour wilt hebben” how you want your passport with visa back, click on one of the options. Extra costs are also charged for this, as for registered mail.
- When you agree with everything you can place your signature on the bottom right of the box.
- The application form, click here to start. This is a link to the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia.
This is a complicated application form, we have specially created a manual for you, click here to open
The application form must be printed in black (or blue). Other colors are not allowed.
- A statement from your health insurer (IZA, Zilveren Kruis, AZIVO etc.) stating that your insurance provides coverage for medical cost during your stay in Russia (all insurers have been aware of this for years).
- It must also indicate a period that covers your trip.
- The insurance period may be longer than your actual trip, it cannot be shorter!
- This declaration may be sent to you as a PDF (in the appendix) by the health insurer.
- Your insurer’s English statement must be signed by the insurer, otherwise the consulate of Russia will not accept the statement.
New (since 06 May 2021)
From now on, the statement must also include:
- Full coverage for Covid-19 treatment.
- The insurance covers the costs for repatriation back to the Netherlands in the event of death.
- Your passport.
- We need to have the passport physically, so no copy.
- Your passport must still be valid for at least 6½ months after the validity of the visa (ie one and a half year valid if it is an annual visa).
- The passport must have at least two blank facing visa pages.
- A color passport photo.
- Note that this photo is according to the Dutch standard of ‘passport photo’, that is to say, looking forward, white background, do not laugh and do not show teeth.
- Nine times out of ten, the consulate does not accept a photo from your own printer. If you do so, make sure you use gloss paper and there are no stripes visible from the print.
- Please do not staple the passport photo on the application form but use a Pritt pen. If you do not have a Pritt pen in your possession, please add your photo lose at we will then paste your photo for you.
- Do not stick the photo with adhesive tape
Other conditions that you must pay extra attention to:
- The photo may not be older than 3 months
- The photo may not be the same as on the passport unless the passport is not older than 3 months
- The photo must have a white background.
- You need a tourist invitation/registration of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- If you do not have this document in your possession, we will automatically create it for you for an additional fee of € 25, – VAT free.
- In order to apply for a tourist visa for Russia, you need an invitation (tourist registration at the Russian immigration office).
- We can arrange this for you for € 25, – VAT free or possibly you can request it through your hotel.
- When we receive your request and you do not have an invitation, we will automatically request it for you.
- You do not need to state that we have to do this for you.
- We will arrange an invitation for you based on the details of the application form and passport.
- With an invitation, you can enter up to 5 cities that you will visit.
- If the applicant/passenger is born in the Soviet Union, you must also send this statement:
Click here to open.
- We have added a ‘text and explanation’ form for convenience because the application form can be quite complex for many people
- It is a form that, from our experience, causes a lot of stress for those who have to fill it out
- Please note that you give extensive answers, so read carefully through the ‘text and explanation’ that we have described
- For question 4, 3 questions are asked, make sure you read this carefully before you start with the answers.
- Write down your full name
- If you are:
1. Born in Russia
2. You have moved from Russia to the Netherlands (or another country!),
3. In the event that you were not born in Russia, but left from Russia when you left, the consulate may ask for additional documents, which can significantly delay or even reject your application!
- If you have had Russian nationality, you must officially have given up Russian nationality, because you can not apply for a Russian visa for your Dutch passports until you have officially renounced your Russian nationality.
- If you have renounced Russian nationality, then:
1. You have received an exemption from the Russian consulate. Send a copy of that document together with your visa application so that you do not have to fill in the Soviet Declaration.
2. Note: must have a copy of the Russian document and not of the Dutch version.
Earlier, in the previous years, you received from the Russian consulate a Dutch and Russian declaration from the Russian consulate.
Note, a copy of the Dutch version is not accepted.
- If your minor child applies for the visa together with the parents (that is, a visa for the father, mother, and child) and the child has the same surname as the father or mother, you do not have to fill in a consent form.
- If your minor child only applies for a visa or only with one of the parents (ie one of the parents does not apply for a visa), you must complete a consent letter from both parents and sign it by both parents.
- Click here to complete and sign the consent form
- Also a copy of the father and mother’s passport
- Also a copy of the father and mother’s passport
Po Box 1267
2280 CG Rijswijk (ZH)
Anna Paulownastraat 63
(through the grey door to ring the bell)
2518 BC The Hague
Tips and explanation
The visa for Russia
Travelers to Russia for business, private, and tourist travelers, must have a valid visa before departure. You can apply for the visa Russia online and it costs € 102.10 per person, including consular fees.
How can I apply for a visa for Russia?
1. Complete the form
Apply for a Russian visa
First of all, fill in the online visa application form Russia quickly and easily via this website.
2. Send the passport with the necessary documents
3. Official visa in the passport
After being granted, you can collect your passport with a glued visa or have it returned by registered / courier.
Explanation visa Russia
Are you going on a business trip, private or on holiday to Russia in 2020 or 2021? Then you need to prepare in time for the visa requirement of Russia. Applying for a visa for Russia is necessary for all travelers, regardless of destination and age. Applying for a visa for Russia through this website is easier and faster than many people expect in advance.
What is the visa for Russia?
The visa for Russia is a permit issued by the consulate to enter Russia. There are different types of visas. You can view the summary page you need to request. The application procedure starts with filling in the online application form. Based on the information you have entered, you will receive a personal e-mail containing an overview of the documents to be supplied by you, including your passport and a passport photo. When your application is complete, it will be checked by a visa specialist. Is data still missing? Then you will be contacted directly. Is everything alright? Then the visa Russia will be confirmed to your passport by a consular employee.
Apply without visiting the consulate.
Don’t have time to travel to the consulate twice? Indicate in the application form that you want to use the pick-up and shipping service (registered or by courier). Your passport will then be collected from your home or office and returned after the visa has been issued.
Apply for a visa for Russia without an invitation letter
Business travelers must provide an invitation letter from the Russian organization with the application. Tourists can give an invitation letter from their travel agency or stay overnight in Russia. Do you have no contacts in Russia? For an additional charge, you can outsource the drawing up of the invitation letter. If you want to make use of this, you only need to indicate this in the online visa application form. The invitation letter is then automatically added to your file and you do not need to do anything.
Variants of the visa for Russia
The types of visas for Russia to be applied are depending on your travel plans. When choosing the most suitable type of visa for your trip, you must make four choices:
Type of visa
Choose a visa
All types of visa for Russia can be applied for through the same application form. Are you arriving in St. Petersburg? Read about the Simple Visa Saint Petersburg.
Visa conditions and documents to be provided
You need to take into account some conditions and necessary documents to apply for a visa for Russia. After completing the online application form, you will receive instructions by e-mail on how to provide the required documents. Remember this:
Make sure you can present an official Dutch passport photo in color with a white background.
Make sure you can provide a travel insurance statement stating that you are insured during your trip to Russia.
Are you traveling for business? Then you must also declare an employer