On this page below you will find all the information you need for your visa application

If you do not understand how it works, you can always call us. Tel. 0031 70 215 4995

Jouw keuze: Bestemming: China > Soort visum: Business visa single entry (max stay of 30 days)
Visa costs
VisaVisa costs VAT freeMediation fee excl. VATInvitation costs VAT freeTotal costs excl. VATTotal costs incl. VAT
Single / double / multiple entry€ 126.55€ 39.50€ 0.00€ 166.05€ 174.34
Urgent single / double / multiple entry€ 193.85€ 39.50€ 0.00€ 233.35€ 241.64

Processing consulate days:

Normal procedure: 4 Chinese business days

Urgent procedure: 2 Chinese business days

Chinese and Dutch national holidays do not count as working days!

Send us all the required documents below, the documents you need for your visa application!

The documents that are required for your visa

  • The order form, click here to open
  • Please fill in digitally, print out and sign it

Option 1: the new application form. This application form is mandatory from 9 May.

Click here to fill in online.


  • Please note, the photo you need to upload (in JPEG format!) Must have a white background, otherwise, you cannot upload it.
  • Please note, the last question (section 10), you must state that you are going to the consulate yourself. Only then can we offer your visa application at the consulate.
  • Follow the instructions in the manual. After the download please print and sign.

  • Follow the instructions in the manual. After the download please print and sign.
  • A statement from the Chinese consulate regarding the processing of your personal data that you share with the consulate.
  • Click here to open and sign
  • You will see that there are two places for a signature on the last page
  • The top one is for you when you sign the statement yourself.
  • The lower one is for when you sign for someone else. For whom the statement is, he or she does not have to sign themselves.
  • A color passport photo.
  • Note that this photo is according to the Dutch standard of ‘passport photo’, that is to say, looking forward, white background, do not laugh and do not show teeth.
  • Nine times out of ten, the consulate does not accept a photo from your own printer. If you do so, make sure you use gloss paper and there are no stripes visible from the print.
  • Please do not staple the passport photo on the application form but use a Pritt pen. If you do not have a Pritt pen in your possession, please add your photo lose at we will then paste your photo for you.
  • Do not stick the photo with adhesive tape

Other conditions that you must pay extra attention to:

  • The photo may not be older than 3 months
  • The photo may not be the same as on the passport unless the passport is not older than 3 months
  • The photo must have a white background.
  • Your passport.
  • We need to have the passport physically, so no copy.
  • Your passport must still be valid for at least 6½ months after the validity of the visa (ie one and a half year valid if it is an annual visa).
  • The passport must have at least two blank facing visa pages.
  • A copy of the passport of the applicant
  • Note that you also need to provide the original passport as requested on this page
  • A booking confirmation of your flight (return ticket)
  • The consulate wants to see when you enter the country and go out again
  • Please note, Hong Kong and Macau are also China
  • It may be a booking for a flight, bus, train, boat
  • Your name must be mentioned on it
  • The consulate must recognize the confirmation as being that of a travel agency or an airline
  • A confirmation of a flight by a customer of yours will not be accepted because the consulate will say that anyone can do this. Think of logos, photos or other features where an official confirmation of an airline by mail generally satisfies
  • Please note, if you arrive directy in and later also depart from Hong Kong or Macau, you also need one booking confirmation of a transport to China’s mainland. We may be able to demonstrate this first with a booking  of a hotel night in mainland China, but some Chinese officials will reject this. In that case we also need the confirmation of a flight, bus, train or boat to mainland China.

  • Our advice, be sure to get a cancellation insurance when purchasing your flight. In the event that you do not receive your visa, you will not suffer any financial damage.
  • A booking of the hotel for a minimum of one night
  • Please note, if you fly directly to Hong Kong and also fly back from Hong Kong, China, you will also need
    a hotel booking in mainland China to prove that you indeed will stay in China.
  • An invitation letter from the Chinese company; with your name as in passport, passport number, signature, and stamp of the company

You have two options for types of invitation letters:

  • Option A .: An L.O.I. (Letter Of Invitation) from the company from China. This letter must contain a number of data, such as:
    (a) Your full name as indicated in your passport
    (b) Your passport number
    (c) Company data of the company in China with a name,  the signature, and stamp of the company
    (d) an extensive text and explanation on why you are being invited for.
    (e) please note, a normal description such as “business meeting” is no longer sufficient.

  • OPTION B .: An official permission from the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs

  • Important: with an invitation from an NGO (non-governmental organization), the duration of the procedure is 10 business days at consulate, a rush procedure is not possible!
  • A copy of the business licence of the Chinese company
  • This document may be send to you by email
  • If you have visited Turkey and it is visible in your passport through stamps, you will probably be invited by the embassy within 24 hours (only on business days) after your visa application has been accepted by the consulate

  • If an interview takes place at the request of the embassy, there will be a delay in the duration of the procedure
  • In busy periods the waiting time can even increase to a few weeks, in the quiet period a number of working days
  • You must then bring an extra color passport photo
  • The duration of the visa application procedure will not start until the embassy has given its approval to the consulate.


Since 7 of August 2017, a number of additional documents are required with your application, depending on your situation you need:

  • If you work for an employer, you need:
    (a) An employer’s declaration (click here for an example in a WORD file).
    (b) The declaration must be printed on your company’s letterhead or stamped with the company

  • If you have your own company, you need:
    (1.) An in English-language extract from the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (de Nederlandse KvK), not older than 3 months
    (2.) Plus your last VAT return, even if it may have been a zero declaration

  • If you are retired:
    A recent bank statement with your name and your last pension deposit:
    B.) Your name stated
    C.) with a minimum of € 3000

  • If you are a student from the age of 16: A statement or recent registration from your school (proof of enrollment)

  • You are a student: an English proof of participation from your school

  • You are unemployed:
    A recent bank statement with:
    B.) Your name stated
    C.) With a minimum of € 200 per day that you are going to stay in China

  • You are a housewife or househusband:
    A bank statement with:
    B.) Your name stated
    C.) with a minimum of € 200 per day that you are going to stay in China unless your working spouse travels with you to China
    D.) In the event that your spouse is traveling with you, you need a bank statement with a minimum of € 3000 on your bank account

  • The above information is required to present your visa application at the consulate, however, The consulate is authorized to request additional statements or documents that may delay your visa application.

Note the information about minors is not related to the type of visa on this page! As an example, a minor has not the right to apply for a work or business visa or many other types of visas! Only in the case that a minor is traveling with an adult or parent or parents, or even alone, you will need to use these extra documents. Minors in the Netherlands have their own passport and are not registered in the passport of the parents, as it the case for other countries! That means that minors need always to apply for their own, separate visa.

When your underage children travel with you, you also need:

  • A copy of the birth certificate, which contains the names of the child and parents.
  • In the event that one of the parents does not travel and only one parent applies for the visa, or the visa application is only offered without the parents, you must also complete this form and sign it by both parents.

In case the minor child has been adopted from China, you will need:

  • A copy of the birth certificate, which contains the names of the child and parents
  • A copy of all the adoption papers of the child
Please send registered mail to:
Po Box 1267
2280 CG Rijswijk (ZH)
The Netherlands
Or you can also deliver it personally or by courier to our office address:
Anna Paulownastraat 63
(through the grey door to ring the bell)
2518 BC The Hague
The Netherlands

Office address:
Anna Paulownastraat 63
2518 BC The Hague
The Netherlands

Business hours:
Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00

Route description

Contact us:
Tel +31(0)6-393 39 184
Tel +31(0)70 215 49 95
[email protected]